Welcome to the weekly update. If you prefer to listen to the update, please click the link below
This edition includes:
- Coalition Update
- Social/Peer support coming up
- Epsom and St Helier Hospital Trust People’s Panel
- Autism Acceptance Week
- Young Persons’ Covid 19 Vaccine Lead
- Centre for Psychology Update
- Surrey Faith Links Newsletter
- SCAN Newsletter 30th Anniversary
- World Rocks Against Dementia
- Spelthorne Borough Installation Update
- Surrey Heath Borough Installation Update
1. Coalition Update
Reminder we need your views
Please help us to improve the organisation, shape our work and show our impact by completing our annual member survey! The survey is formed of 10 questions and most of them are multiple choice. The survey should take less than 10 minutes to complete (alternative formats available!). Please let us know if you need any help completing it. Here’s a link to the survey
Give us your views on our website! – We are looking to update our website but would like your help. Please help us by filling in a short survey. As a thank you for helping us, you can choose to be entered into a draw to win one of two £25 vouchers!
2. Social/Peer support coming up
Virtual Trip to Brooklands Museum! – Join us on Tuesday 8th March at 11.30am for our virtual trip to Brooklands Museum. We would love to see as many of you as possible there! Here are the joining details:
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 786 731 3852
0 800 260 5801 United Kingdom Toll-free
Craft Group – Due to a clash with our virtual trip to Brooklands museum our craft group will not take place on Tuesday 8th March. The group will be back as normal at 12pm on Tuesday 15th March.
Save the Date! Virtual trip to Hever Castle – Our virtual trip for April will be a visit to Hever Castle on Friday 22nd April at 11.30am during our virtual café slot! A reminder and the joining details will be sent nearer the time. The staff at Hever Castle are already busy preparing a bespoke tour for us!
Get More Active Update – With International Women’s Day on Tuesday 8th March, Katy shares some stories from women with disabilities and their experiences of parkrun. Join us here on Fridays at 11.30 for the Virtual Café and Get More Active chat
3. Epsom and St Helier Hospital Trust People’s Panel – The Epsom and St Helier Hospital Trust people’s panel has been set up to ensure local people can have their say and input into key projects and programmes happening across the Trust, including service improvements, our Building Your Future Hospitals programme, and improving the way they communicate with patients.
The People’s Panel should be representative of the communities they serve. They still need more people to join especially those who are:
- from a minority or
- protected characteristics group.
Signing up is easy, simply visit the People’s Panel page on our website. Hard copy membership forms are available upon request, please email email@example.com if you would like some sent to you.
4. Autism Acceptance Week – It is Autism Acceptance Week from Monday 28 March – Sunday 3 April 2022. This year, Surrey County Council is promoting the new All Age Autism Strategy, which has been co-produced with autistic people, their families and carers. As part of this, Surrey County Council is piloting an Autism Friendly Community in Redhill, before rolling this out across the County. This will be promoted at a launch event in Redhill on Friday 25 March 2022 during the day at the Harlequin Theatre and it would be great if professionals and autistic people could join.
The Learning Disability and Autism engagement team, are really keen to hear all your news and plans for the acceptance week. The team will be highlighting news and events throughout the week through their platforms, so if you have anything that you would like them to promote then please do get in touch with them. They also would love to hear positive stories and experiences throughout the week so they can include this within their weekly news and social media pages celebrating the events and spreading the word further. firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Young Persons’ Covid 19 Vaccine Lead – Voluntary Action South West Surrey is recruiting a Young Persons’ Covid 19 Vaccine Lead on a 1 Year Fixed Term Contract . Based in Guildford, but travel throughout the Guildford and Waverley Boroughs will be required for the role. Job share considered
Are you passionate about making a difference to young people’s health and helping society recover from the pandemic?
The Young Persons’ Covid 19 Vaccine Lead will support the uptake of COVID-19 vaccination’s amongst younger people (16-25) across the boroughs of Guildford and Waverley.
For those interested in health promotion, this opportunity might be an ideal starting point for you to transfer your skills to a new work setting. The salary is £26,600 pa for 35 hours a week, but job share will be considered for the right candidates.
Please click here for a job description and application form.
Closing date for applications is Sunday 20th March. Shortlisted candidates will be notified by Tuesday 22nd March. Interviews will be held on Tuesday 29th March face to face at the Voluntary Action South West Surrey office
If they receive sufficient applicants we may close earlier than the 20th March. Immediate start date available once safer recruitment checks have been completed.
Please get in touch for further information by emailing email@example.com
6. Centre for Psychology Update – Please find below and attached information about upcoming groups running at the Centre For Psychology. These would all be run online (via Zoom). The groups coming up are:
Coping with Worry & Low Mood
Worry, Low Mood & Finding Work
Further information about these upcoming courses and one-to-one support we offer can be found on their website – https://centreforpsychology.co.uk/courses/. Self-referrals and professional referrals can be made via their website, email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by calling on 01372 610650
7. Surrey Faith Links Newsletter – Please see attached document
8. SCAN Newsletter 30th Anniversary – Please see attached document
9. World Rocks Against Dementia – Please see attached document
10. Spelthorne Borough Installation Update – Please see attached document
11. Surrey Heath Borough Installation Update – Please see attached document.