Home » Events
Category Archives: Events
Due to the Coronavirus epidemic, all our meetings, events and activities are running virtually at the moment to safeguard our members, staff and volunteers. We are offering video conferencing, telephone conference, SMS text relay and email relay into all of our activities.
- For up-to-date information about Coronavirus and how to stay safe, please see: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-information-for-the-public
- To access the Surrey Community helpline for help, please call 0300 200 1008 (Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm), text 07860 053465 (9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday) or Textphone (via text relay) 18001 0300 200 1008 and the Sign Language Video Relay (8am to 6pm, Monday to Friday, and 10am to 2pm at the weekends). Outside these hours a web form is also available and is published on this page.
- For medical information please use NHS 111 online: https://111.nhs.uk/, or call NHS 111 or, in an emergency 999 as you usually would.
It is more important than ever that we stay connected, for this reason, we have introduced a weekly community-wide virtual café and a daily ‘walk and talk’. You can find out about the weekly café here, and about our daily walk and talk here.
For information on all our activity during April and May (and how to join) please see the following pages.
- For an over-view of April and May see here. If you prefer to see a printable calendar format please check out April, May or June.
- For joining instructions for DENS see here.
- For joining instructions for our Special Interest Groups (such as Surrey Vision Action Group and the LTNC) see here.
- For joining instructions for the Independent Mental Health Network see here.
- For joining instructions for FoCUS see here.
How to access Zoom conferencing
- For a plain text guide on how to install the zoom app for the first time please see here
Easy read instructions for Zoom:
If you would like one to one support to get started please just let us know and we will book you a support appointment.
You can contact staff as usual by email or on their mobile phones or by SMS text or phone to 07563 997 932. Please note that our office is closed, our staff team are working from home at the present time.
Please keep in touch with us and please follow all the precautions that are advised. With all our best wishes, the Surrey Coalition of Disabled People team.
The Recovery College was started by Surrey & Borders Partnership in North East Hants and Farnham a few years ago, and a Recovery College has now started in Surrey.
The College offers a range of sources to help people to gain confidence, recover and return to wellness from physical or mental health conditions, and carers.
Recovery College prospectus for this summer term can be found below.
Get Together / Use Your Influence
An event for those who use mental health services, their families and carers
Friday 24 March 2017
10.30am – 2.30pm
at Leatherhead Leisure Centre, Guildford Road KT22 9BL
The Independent Mental Health Network for Surrey and North-East Hampshire invites you to participate in this event for those who use Mental Health services, their families and carers.
We work together to help people get better support and access to mental health services now and in the future.
At this event, you can find out how services are changing, and say what you think would make them better.
Find out where to get the right support
Find out about current changes and future plans for mental health services
Share your experiences and suggestions to help us to improve services.
Please forward this invitation to other people you think may be interested.
If you can, please travel together on the day – this event is about being together and talking together.
Follow http://www.useyourinfluence.org.uk for more details.
A copy of the event flyer is below.