Home » Hearing loss
Category Archives: Hearing loss
Due to the Coronavirus epidemic, all our meetings, events and activities are running virtually at the moment to safeguard our members, staff and volunteers. We are offering video conferencing, telephone conference, SMS text relay and email relay into all of our activities.
- For up-to-date information about Coronavirus and how to stay safe, please see: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-information-for-the-public
- To access the Surrey Community helpline for help, please call 0300 200 1008 (Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm), text 07860 053465 (9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday) or Textphone (via text relay) 18001 0300 200 1008 and the Sign Language Video Relay (8am to 6pm, Monday to Friday, and 10am to 2pm at the weekends). Outside these hours a web form is also available and is published on this page.
- For medical information please use NHS 111 online: https://111.nhs.uk/, or call NHS 111 or, in an emergency 999 as you usually would.
It is more important than ever that we stay connected, for this reason, we have introduced a weekly community-wide virtual café and a daily ‘walk and talk’. You can find out about the weekly café here, and about our daily walk and talk here.
For information on all our activity during April and May (and how to join) please see the following pages.
- For an over-view of April and May see here. If you prefer to see a printable calendar format please check out April, May or June.
- For joining instructions for DENS see here.
- For joining instructions for our Special Interest Groups (such as Surrey Vision Action Group and the LTNC) see here.
- For joining instructions for the Independent Mental Health Network see here.
- For joining instructions for FoCUS see here.
How to access Zoom conferencing
- For a plain text guide on how to install the zoom app for the first time please see here
Easy read instructions for Zoom:
If you would like one to one support to get started please just let us know and we will book you a support appointment.
You can contact staff as usual by email or on their mobile phones or by SMS text or phone to 07563 997 932. Please note that our office is closed, our staff team are working from home at the present time.
Please keep in touch with us and please follow all the precautions that are advised. With all our best wishes, the Surrey Coalition of Disabled People team.
There are places available in lipreading classes this autumn. First class is free for new attendees and then £5 per session thereafter.
Monday afternoons, 1.30 – 3.30pm, starting 18th September
The Lambert Room, The Banstead Centre, The Horseshoe, Bolters Lane, Banstead, SM7 2BQ
Tuesday afternoons, 1.30 – 3.30pm, starting 19th September
The Fairfield Centre, 34 Swan Court, Leatherhead, KT22 8AH
Thursday afternoons, 2 – 4pm, starting 14th September
The Octagon, St Peter & St Paul’s Church, Borough Road, Godalming, GU7 1ES
Wednesdays – venue(s) and timings to be confirmed, waiting list for those interested
If you require any further information please contact Tracey Wade:
Tel: 01483 790327
SMS: 07531 268476
The Hearing Champions scheme was launched in the Diocese of Guildford in March 2013 as a practical response of the hear here project. The scheme currently runs in 44 parishes who host hearing aid clinics and has trained over 200 people in hearing aid maintenance.
For more information about Hearing Champions visit this website. Meanwhile, you can watch a video on work of Hearing Champions below:
- Do you have a Hearing Aid?
- Do you use the Loop ‘T’ setting?
- Have you been frustrated doing so?
- None of the above but willing to ‘Buddy’ someone?
BE IN THE LOOP
Let’s Loop Surrey are looking for volunteers who will check Hearing Loops and help service providers and businesses do it better!
If you would like to join our team of volunteers please contact Yasmin Broome:
Tel/Text: 0745 526 7424