Welcome to our weekly email update. This edition includes:
1. Coalition Update
Young Adults Group – A quick reminder that our Young Adults Group takes place tonight at 7pm. We will have a Christmas quiz and sing along!
Our activity and office hours over Christmas 2020 – We recognise that Christmas is not an easy time for many people and have done our best to keep as many activities going as we can in the run up to Christmas. Please be aware that we have had to make some adjustments to our schedule so that the team can have a break. Please see the attached document for full details of our Christmas schedule.
Christmas Day! – Together with Sight for Surrey we are running two activities on Christmas day. Don’t mention the ‘C’ word, 10:30-11:00am and Full on Christmas 12.00-1.00pm. Please see full details on the attached document or click here.
Virtual Farm Visit! – During our virtual café on Monday some of the group took part in a virtual farm tour. The group were able to (virtually) swap a dreary morning in Surrey for one with fabulous views of the Lancashire countryside. We followed Floss the sheepdog as she rounded up the sheep. If you would like to find out more about our wonderful tour please read our blog which can be found here.
Craft and Chat – Join our Craft and Chat group on Tuesdays at 12pm. The group have finished making a number of Christmas projects including Christmas Wreaths, Fir Cone Trees and Light Jars. The group has the following activities planned:
15 December 2020 – Christmas themed Decoupage
22 December 2020 – Gingerbread houses and other festive goodies
5 January 2020 – New Beginnings
Other ideas for January and February 2021 are: Burns Night, Chinese New Year and valentine’s day.
Click here on Tuesday if you would like to join this friendly and very creative group!
BSL Basics– Join us on Tuesday at 6.30pm for our popular basic BSL taster sessions- this week we are looking at weather and also asking questions. No experience needed for this friendly group exploration into BSL
Book Chat – Come along to our book/story chat on Wednesday at 2.30pm. This week we are going for one of those childhood tales where one person starts and then it is continued by the next. Strict time limits to ensure we have a full story by the end of the hour. Next week it is the Night before Xmas.
2. Centre For Psychology Groups – The Centre for Psychology have a number of groups starting in the new year including:
Sleep Difficulties – starting Thursday 14th January, 2-4pm, for 4 weeks
Coping with worry & low mood – starting Thursday 28th January, 9.30 – 11.30am, for 6 weeks
Postnatal coping with anxiety & low mood – for postnatal mums and dads, starting Tuesday 12th January, 9.30-11.30am, for 6 weeks
Please see attached posters for each group with more information, including how those interested can refer to the service (clients are required to refer and complete an assessment to ensure their suitability for the group).
3. Have your say on Sexual Health Services in Surrey! – Surrey County Council are interested in hearing residents’ views and experiences of sexual health services available in the county. Let them know what you think by completing the short online survey here: https://bit.ly/37j8Q4K (survey closes 23rd December 2020).
You will also have the chance to enter a prize draw to win one of three £20 Amazon vouchers at the end of the survey.
The survey is available in different languages and accessible formats (including an easy read and plain text version). You can also request a paper copy. If you would like the survey in a different version or if you have any further questions please contact email@example.com or text on 07929 771799.
4. Covid-19 Vaccination Programme – Stakeholder Briefing – Please see attached document on behalf of Surrey Heartlands ICS on the Covid-19 vaccination programme which, as I’m sure you’re aware, began on Tuesday in 50 hospital hubs across the country including the Royal Surrey County Hospital in Guildford.
5. Surrey Together Booklet – Please see attached Booklets (including an easy read version). The booklets contain Winter help and advice from Surrey County Council. Hard copies of the booklet should be delivered to all Surrey residents.
6. Surrey and Sussex Police Fraud Newsletter December 2020
7. Elmbridge Community Link Newsletter
8. East Surrey Carers Support Newsletter