Disability Cricket Days
See document below to read about Disability cricket days coming up in June
Walking Tennis Sessions
There are a couple of free walking tennis taster sessions taking place at Ash Tennis Club on the 26th and 28th May. Participants can book a place at either of the tasters through this link: http://www.getagriptennis.co.uk/walking-tennis/
Spring into Action!
LimbPower’s supercharged ‘virtual event’ taking place throughout May and June – LimbPower is bursting with excitement to announce the incredible news that they have teamed up with five inspirational Paralympians, Richard Whitehead (Athletics), Rachel Morris, (Cycling/Rowing) Andrew Lewis (Triathlon), Corie Mapp (Bob-Sleigh) and Suzanne Rodgers (Swimming). They are all joining forces to offer a once in a lifetime fun event where you compete with the Paralympian team leaders during an engaging virtual alternative to the Family Fun Day.
Team Captain themes:
Richard Whitehead – Run like the wind
Andy Lewis – Take to the Road
Rachel Morris – Make Waves
Corie Mapp – Feel the speed
Susie Rogers – Dive right in
LimbPower is inviting community members, family, friends and supporters to join their favourite Paralympian on LimbPower’s supercharged ‘virtual event’ – Spring into Action! This is the replacement event for the Family Fun day normally held at Stoke Mandeville Stadium. ‘Spring into Action’ invites you, your friends and your family to sign up for a physical challenge of your choice this May, this can be a daily challenge or on a single day, the choice is yours. You can choose your challenge using one of the below themes.
How you can get involved
- Register via Eventbrite using this link https://springintoaction1.eventbrite.co.uk
- Share the Spring into Action virtual event via email and social media with your community.
- Dream up an activity that suits your skills (and follows government guidelines on exercise and social distancing); it can be as ‘out there’ as you like! You can walk every day, do the couch to 5K, organise an exercise class with your friends, run a 10K or walk around your garden.
- Film a video of you in portrait format talking about/demonstrating your chosen challenge and send it to us at this email address: email@example.com.
- Let us know by responding to this email if you would be willing to do media interviews relating to Spring into Action.
Registration fees: £18 for adults and £10 for children. All participants will receive a welcome letter from their team captain, a medal and a certificate for taking part.