Welcome to the Surrey Coalition of Disabled People (formerly Surrey Users Network) which was launched in 2007.
The Surrey Coalition is run and managed by disabled people for disabled people. The aim of the Surrey Coalition is to campaign and promote the rights of disabled people to have equality of opportunity and to live independently.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION MARCH/APRIL 2020:-
Please be aware that Surrey Coalition of Disabled People is not running any face-to-face meetings or events at the moment due to the Coronavirus epidemic to safeguard our members and staff team.
We are offering video conferencing, telephone conferencing, SMS text relay into our video conferences and email relay.
Please note that for the time being if you call our office number, there will be nobody to pick up, and we only check the answer machine once a week. Current temporary office number is 07547016933.
- You can read our full statement here: Statement for Coalition website
- You can find out how to join by video conference here: Zoom instructions for members
- You can find links to the video conferencing for the next week here: Zoom week beginning 16th March 2020
- You can access advice on staying and protecting your self here: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
- You can find out current public health information here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-information-for-the-public
- You can read about staying mentally well here: https://www.mentalhealth.org.uk/publications/looking-after-your-mental-health-during-coronavirus-outbreak
If you are unable to cope with your symptoms at home, please use the NHS 111 website (https://111.nhs.uk/ ) or call NHS 111.
If you have a fever (a high temperature) or a new cough, please self-isolate at home for 7 days and follow the advice from the NHS.
You can contact staff as usual by email or on their mobile phones or by SMS text or phone to 07563 997 932. Please note that our office is closed, our staff team are working from home at the present time.
Please keep in touch with us and please follow all the precautions that are advised. With all our best wishes, the Surrey Coalition of Disabled People team.