Welcome to Surrey Coalition of Disabled People!
We are a not-for-profit organisation with members living across Surrey and North East Hampshire.
We promote the rights of disabled people to have equality of opportunity and to live independently.
Our work and activity is divided into 5 broad areas:
1) Co-production, service monitoring and consultation activity
2) Technology and innovation
3) Mental Health and emotional wellbeing
4) Wider determinants of health
5) Campaigning and influencing
We are run and managed by disabled people for disabled people.
If you are disabled or a carer then do join us today. It’s free to join, just fill in our membership form here.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR YOU – June / July 2020:
Due to the Coronavirus pandemic, all our meetings, events and activities are running virtually at the moment to safeguard our members, staff and volunteers. We are offering video conferencing, telephone conference, SMS text relay and email relay into all of our activities.
- For up-to-date information about Coronavirus and how to stay safe, please see: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-information-for-the-public
- To access the Surrey Community helpline for help, please call 0300 200 1008 (Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm), text 07860 053465 (9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday) or Textphone (via text relay) 18001 0300 200 1008 and the Sign Language Video Relay (8am to 6pm, Monday to Friday, and 10am to 2pm at the weekends). Outside these hours a web form is also available and is published on this page.
- For medical information please use NHS 111 online: https://111.nhs.uk/, or call NHS 111 or, in an emergency 999 as you usually would.
We know that it’s more important than ever that we stay connected. Disabled people and unpaid/family carers are ten times more likely to experience loneliness than the rest of the population. To help everyone stay connected, we have a weekly programme of virtual social activities that run alongside our usual schedule of meetings, forums and events. You can find out about the weekly schedule here.
For information on all our activity (and how to join) please see the following pages.
- For an over-view of the next couple of months please see here. If you prefer to see a printable calendar format please check out our calendars here.
- For joining instructions for DENS see here.
- For joining instructions for our Special Interest Groups (such as Surrey Vision Action Group, the Hard of Hearing Forum and the LTNC) see here.
- For joining instructions for the Independent Mental Health Network see here.
- For joining instructions for FoCUS see here.
To find out what virtual activities are on offer in Surrey, check out Surrey Virtual Wellbeing website here.
How to access Zoom conferencing
- For a plain text guide on how to install the zoom app for the first time please see here
Easy read instructions for Zoom:
If you would like one to one support to get started please just let us know and we will book you a support appointment.
You can contact staff as usual by email or on their mobile phones or by SMS text or phone to 07563 997 932. Please note that our office is closed, our staff team are working from home at the present time.
Please keep in touch with us and please follow all the precautions that are advised. With all our best wishes, the Surrey Coalition of Disabled People team.