Home » Mental Health
Category Archives: Mental Health
Due to the Coronavirus epidemic, all our meetings, events and activities are running virtually at the moment to safeguard our members, staff and volunteers. We are offering video conferencing, telephone conference, SMS text relay and email relay into all of our activities.
- For up-to-date information about Coronavirus and how to stay safe, please see: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-information-for-the-public
- To access the Surrey Community helpline for help, please call 0300 200 1008 (Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm), text 07860 053465 (9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday) or Textphone (via text relay) 18001 0300 200 1008 and the Sign Language Video Relay (8am to 6pm, Monday to Friday, and 10am to 2pm at the weekends). Outside these hours a web form is also available and is published on this page.
- For medical information please use NHS 111 online: https://111.nhs.uk/, or call NHS 111 or, in an emergency 999 as you usually would.
It is more important than ever that we stay connected, for this reason, we have introduced a weekly community-wide virtual café and a daily ‘walk and talk’. You can find out about the weekly café here, and about our daily walk and talk here.
For information on all our activity during April and May (and how to join) please see the following pages.
- For an over-view of April and May see here. If you prefer to see a printable calendar format please check out April, May or June.
- For joining instructions for DENS see here.
- For joining instructions for our Special Interest Groups (such as Surrey Vision Action Group and the LTNC) see here.
- For joining instructions for the Independent Mental Health Network see here.
- For joining instructions for FoCUS see here.
How to access Zoom conferencing
- For a plain text guide on how to install the zoom app for the first time please see here
Easy read instructions for Zoom:
If you would like one to one support to get started please just let us know and we will book you a support appointment.
You can contact staff as usual by email or on their mobile phones or by SMS text or phone to 07563 997 932. Please note that our office is closed, our staff team are working from home at the present time.
Please keep in touch with us and please follow all the precautions that are advised. With all our best wishes, the Surrey Coalition of Disabled People team.
Feedback from Joint Event run by the Independent Mental Health Network and Community Connections on 7th November
It’s been almost a month since our joint Independent Mental Health Network and Community Connections event at Leatherhead. We would like to thank all those that came along and contributed to the day – it certainly generated lots of discussion about mental health services in the community.
We are pleased to say that we have now collated the table discussions’ content and highlighted key themes, as well as the overall feedback from the day. Please see the attached documents to download and view the results.
While there are many points which can contribute to an even better event next year, overall the feedback was overwhelmingly positive and the event stimulating and successful.
We will action some of the points raised and have shared the results with the Commissioners, giving them an opportunity to address and discuss the key themes. We will continue to share their responses and any additional information when it is available, so please keep checking the website.
Once again, thank you for supporting the day and we look forward to the next event.
Community Connections Partners (Catalyst, Mary Frances Trust and Richmond Fellowship) and the Independent Mental Health Network
Some photos from the event are below
Please see the attached invitation to the joint event which the Independent Mental Health Network for Surrey and North East Hampshire is organising with Community Connections in Surrey.
This is being held on Wednesday 7th November, from 10 am for refreshments and registration, at Leatherhead Leisure Centre. The main programme for the day will be from 10:30 am until 3:30 pm, followed by an art exhibition of amazing work by clients of the Community Connections services, until 6 pm.
Please use the link in the flyer to book your place on Eventbrite.
We hope you can join us and look forward to seeing you there.